Current obsessions and special interests

Discussions about everything and nothing
lazu

Re: Current obsessions and special interests

Postby lazu » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 am

Maybe programming. I'm about to get into it myself soon.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 am

The last thing I want to do is spending more time in front of a computer, but thank you for the suggestion. I would be Interested in hearing about your future accomplishments.
Founder, co-administrator, and co-moderator.

Havran

Postby Havran » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:15 pm

I spend lot of my both work- and freetime outwards. Few years ago I developed interest in birdspotting to fill the moments of idly standing or sitting while waiting for things to happen in my work. I do it rather rarely these days, anyway it used to be pretty interesting and intriguing for a few years. Not sure though if this is the kind of recommendation you were looking for ;)

Alcide

Postby Alcide » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:53 am

Developping some skills in any craft of any sort, be it about wood, iron, electricity, anything related to building, gardening, that might be useful in a close future...
Or shooting sports as well...

No, I am not reading some survivalist stuff, I assure you, but those were the very first things that sprang to my mind...

Havran

Postby Havran » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:07 am

A.G.D N.C.L wrote:Developping some skills in any craft of any sort, be it about wood, iron, electricity, anything related to building, gardening, that might be useful in a close future...

No, I am not reading some survivalist stuff, I assure you, but those were the very first things that sprang to my mind...

Well, having any skills like those you mentioned will be useful anyway. Even just for case of being self-sufficient and above idiot-savants that seem to be race of tomorrow or just for giving oneself a broader perspective. I have planted several trees in the recent years, most of them with my father to replace the ones planted by my grandfather. They served their purpose and now they serve once more as firewood. I have also learnt a thing or two about some basical care of the trees.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 am

Not to mention the mental benefits of putting your body to work. Thank you for your suggestions!

lazu

Postby lazu » Mon May 15, 2017 7:41 am

Maldoror wrote:The last thing I want to do is spending more time in front of a computer, but thank you for the suggestion. I would be Interested in hearing about your future accomplishments.
It's quite powerful. Definitely feels like spending time on the computer doing stuff that is more real, but unless there is a goal with it I wouldn't say there's a point learning it.

Havran wrote:
A.G.D N.C.L wrote:Developping some skills in any craft of any sort, be it about wood, iron, electricity, anything related to building, gardening, that might be useful in a close future...

Well, having any skills like those you mentioned will be useful anyway. Even just for case of being self-sufficient and above idiot-savants that seem to be race of tomorrow or just for giving oneself a broader perspective. I have planted several trees in the recent years, most of them with my father to replace the ones planted by my grandfather. They served their purpose and now they serve once more as firewood. I have also learnt a thing or two about some basical care of the trees.

Wouldn't mind getting a bit into gardening myself. It's cool to see something grow. With plants you can also do grafting, which is a quite fascinating thing.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am

Wasting my time watching cutscenes from old '90s video games and Twisted Metal is delivering in spades!

Return to “THE TAVERN”