Bitcoin and beyond

Politics and History
Maldoror

Bitcoin and beyond

Postby Maldoror » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:35 am

I have recently invested in both Bitcoin and Ethereum, and I plan to branch out even further, perhaps also buying some GBC. Anyone else jumping on the cryptocurrency train?

Founder, co-administrator, and co-moderator.

lazu

Re: Bitcoin and beyond

Postby lazu » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:41 am

Nope, but it's something I want to get into at some point. Will be lurking this thread.

S.A.

Postby S.A. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:46 am

If I mined or bought early on, I would have the right to claim today that this ship has sailed. But I didn't. Objectively speaking though, it's obviously way past the easy cash phase and should be treated as a serious investment. Not really a train you jump on, it's more of a luxurious ride where you pay a hefty sum for a ticket.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 am

That is only if cryptocurrency has reached its full potential as an alternative to government-issued currencies, which I believe is highly unlikely.

lazu

Postby lazu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:56 pm

So looking at this graph http://www.coindesk.com/price/ it seems there's recently been somewhat of a bubble burst. Might be a good moment to invest...

S.A.

Postby S.A. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Maldoror wrote:That is only if cryptocurrency has reached its full potential as an alternative to government-issued currencies, which I believe is highly unlikely.

While the idea of cryptocurrency may still be in its infancy, this is precisely why caution is necessary. There's dozens of them around now which more than proves the serious viability of the concept, but also raises the question of the long term viability of each individual currency. But if I were the sort of person capable of telling you where it's all heading to, I'd probably be the kind of person who predicted the payoff and mined early.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:32 am

I have just doubled my savings four times in the past month. Things are looking bright in cryptoland.

Return to “THE TRIBUNAL”