What are you currently listening to?

Music, Arts and Culture
Eternity

Re: What are you currently listening to?

Postby Eternity » Mon May 15, 2017 8:52 am

Funeral Mist - Salvation

I ordered the vinyl re-release and today got it. A very good album, or what do you think?

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Mon May 15, 2017 10:36 am

A classic.
Founder, co-administrator, and co-moderator.

Alcide

Postby Alcide » Wed May 17, 2017 7:03 am

Speaking of classics, I am currently revisiting some cult bands whole discography and discover that recent does not necessarily mean bad, here are two potent examples:

As well as the pleasantly cheesy SCHATTENVALD that cannot help but remember guilty pleasures such as MEPHISTOPHELES' Landscape Symphonies, some GRAFVITNIR which is an interesting alternative to the borefest that Dark Funeral has become today, and finally some nice gem from France, just too bad the lyrics seem almost parodic:

lazu

Postby lazu » Wed May 17, 2017 7:19 am

Schattenvald has some nice "positive" riffs from what I remember. Also, agree that recent does not necessarily mean bad.

I've also been listening to this piece after watching Alien Covenant recently...

Havran

Postby Havran » Sun May 28, 2017 2:14 am

I am long time fan of D666 and I particularly return to this song despite not spinning other material as much as few years ago

Destroyer 666 - Trialed by fire from Terror Abraxas EP

So has my truth been seen tested by time
Reckoned by age, trialed by fire
Was there wisdom in what I believed
Or was it ghosts by whom I was deceived

So what I found on this trial
The scattered remains of those who have failed
So the world has taught me many things
One I pass onto you
The world that we are looking for
The world of which we speak
Well, it isn't coming soon

And I climbed one mountain side
To find yet another
An endless sea of darkness for us yet to discover
And my soul pines for rest
In the heat of the flame I so desire
It burns, the heat of the fire

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Wed May 31, 2017 11:52 pm

Terror Abraxas is the absolute pinnacle of the band's career.

Current mood.
Founder, co-administrator, and co-moderator.

Havran

Postby Havran » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 am

Maldoror wrote:Terror Abraxas is the absolute pinnacle of the band's career.

True!

Alcide

Postby Alcide » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:57 am

I did not remember such a track in 37°2 LE MATIN, my father is a fan and spent his time listening to the soundtrack back in the days... The rest of the album is a tad cheesy still...

For once, some recent stuff, the WHOREDOM RIFE album which is quite decent, the last NECROWRETCH that will be perfect for exchanging some blows when played live, the WEDERGANGER/URFAUST split, even if the latter band becomes less interesting over the years, and finally the last NARGAROTH, which is surprisingly good, although outrageously melodic. Did you know that Kanwulf had tried some local political short-lived career? I was stunned to read that in a French surprisingly "mature" recent interview...

Alcide

Postby Alcide » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:16 am

Alcide wrote:I did not remember such a track in 37°2 LE MATIN, my father is a fan and spent his time listening to the soundtrack back in the days... The rest of the album is a tad cheesy still...

For once, some recent stuff, the WHOREDOM RIFE album which is quite decent, the last NECROWRETCH that will be perfect for exchanging some blows when played live, the WEDERGANGER/URFAUST split, even if the latter band becomes less interesting over the years, and finally the last NARGAROTH, which is surprisingly good, although outrageously melodic. Did you know that Kanwulf had tried some local political short-lived career? I was stunned to read that in a French surprisingly "mature" recent interview...

ADDENDUM; could not help but meditate on the globalization of BM, when my Babalon reminded me that it was a girl from Laos who made her discover that at the catholic school: , I remembered that it was actually the only mixed blood girl active in French BM who made me discover that back then: ... Draw your own conclusions, sad...

Alcide

Postby Alcide » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Feeling a bit stupid by discovering COIL in 2017, while my much younger girlfriend, with her all internet based culture, can sing the whole discography by heart...

With 30° and more here, nothing brutal at the moment but rather a retrospective of the more poppish stuff I was listening as a teenager, welcome back Opeth, Moonspell and stuff I cannot speak, for fear of turning this place into an all cheesy goth sweatshop...

Return to “TOUCHED WITH FIRE”