Introductions

Introductions and forum related discussions
KillerWolf

Re: Introductions

Postby KillerWolf » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:14 am

Hello all.

39 years old. Icelandic. Male.
I've been doing 'zines and newsletters on and off now for close to twenty years now that have all been about or connected to Black Metal, Death Metal and Doom Metal. RIght now I do a small webzine called Andfari, which is written in Icelandic and focuses on what's happening in Extreme Metal in Iceland and connected fields.
My main job, though, is managing a grocery store located close to the center of Reykjavík. I work for a company that has a lot of small stores in Reykjavík and it's nearby towns.

Origin of username:

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 am

Welcome to the forum, KillerWolf!
Founder, co-administrator, and co-moderator.

Moonthorn

Postby Moonthorn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Greetings!

I was lured here from another forum and decided to create an account as I liked what I saw and felt that this is something I'd like to participate in. I'm not the most active forum poster but I do like to chip in when I may have something to bring to the table or simply when I feel the urge to babble a bit.

When it comes to music genres, after over twenty years of intense exposure to Black Metal it still is the one nearest to my heart. In some cases it's "just" music that evokes certain feelings in me - or fails to do that - and serves as mere entertainment in that sense, but ideally it portrays a combination of spirituality and art channeling larger-than-life emotions. A forum that cherises the latter is certainly worth supporting, so here I am.

In addition to enjoying other people's fruits of labour, I have also been actively at the creating end during these past two decades - and I'm pretty sure that this isn't about to change any time soon.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:56 am

Welcome to the forum, Moonthorn!

Oglaigh

Postby Oglaigh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:09 am

Hello.

I was drawn here by my intense love for serious Black Metal. It is the form of music I primarily listen to; my most diurnal artistic exposure. I hope to learn more about the philosophies behind the art by observation; I will mostly silently observe, as a result. Perhaps it will lead to some epiphany of a sort... Other forms of music I enjoy include classical music, traditional folk music (particularly Slavic folk), old country, and anything which sticks out as unique or breaks new ground.

I do play music, and currently have a solo project going, the recordings of which will be completed in late March. However, it is not going to be anything remotely metal, and I wish to keep this music completely divorced from Black Metal so as not to confuse it as some odd attempt. At some point, perhaps I will feel the call to write sincere Black Metal (feeling the "Black Flame", as TT and PK of Abigor label it), but since I don't, I do not wish to sully that which I so respect, neither to add to the trash that is out there.

In terms of my non-musical interests, I am an amateur philologist of English, and a Slavic philologist in training. My interests are not confined to religion: I have a burning passion for cosmology, and by extension, physics at large; religion; anthropology; international relations; and global policy as it relates to the environment. I am a student currently, and I intend to pursue a Ph.D. in Slavic Language and Literature.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:38 am

Welcome to the forum, Oglaigh!

theblackblood

Postby theblackblood » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Hello.

I've been lurking here for some time and intended on signing up a little while back but found that the site was down at the time. I stumbled upon this forum due to a thread on NWN, I think, and was drawn to the more in depth discussion that's had here, showing a lesser emphasis on trending releases in favour of talking aesthetic, concept, themes and the less directly obvious aspects of what lays beneath the surface of black metal (in particular).

I'm a young lad from Northern England. Black metal is a very archetypal genre and it attracts people who are drawn to particular archetypal ideas. It's consequently been a part of my life since I first stumbled upon Burzum and Darkthrone as a very young teen and something integral about what I was hearing and seeing grabbed me, about 15 years back. Beyond that, I've been a big consumer of music all my life and currently enjoy listening to a lot of techno/house and ambient electronics. I've bought, sold and traded records for a number of years and I'm involved in some musical projects that I wish to keep to myself.

Cheers

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Welcome to the forum, theblackblood. Glad to have you join our conversation!

Horrible Eyes

Postby Horrible Eyes » Tue May 02, 2017 12:02 am

Greetings!

I am a 18 years old young male hailing from Italy.
I've been watching the pages of this forum since its origin and only now I've decided to interact with it and its users. I have always felt that there was a lack of discussions about the lyrics and core of Black/Death Metal, far away from materialistic topics which are usually discussed on other boards.

What can I say about me? I've been listening to Metal music since I was a child, and during my early teen age years I was drawn to Black/Death Metal. It was love at first sight: the reek of danger and lawlessness lurking around its name, the desires to push things further and of course the music. Things did not stop there, though. This kind of music was a potent mean through which inputs made their way inside my mind and furthered the thoughts my young brain had already been thinking of, and so I began to explore fields outside of Black Metal, such as philosophy, classical music, industrial music, literature, sociology and many other topics.
This passion was never ending. I used to spend afternoons searching through the web for old interviews of many bands, albums, demos, and I used to listen to these recordings fanatically.
Now my cup is filled with just a few bands here and there, but I am working on a fanzine, as I also love writing and drawing, which hopefully will be out during the coming winter.

About me I could say that I am a curious person who loves exploring the world around him, who is very open minded towards other opinions about many topics and extremely close minded when it comes to a few, but I'm working on it. I also love history of languages and dead languages and culture in general.

I'm looking forward to participating to the interesting discussions which are ongoing in these pages and I would also like to express my gratitude to the creator of this board for finally having given a place to all of us who were not just there to talk about the latest vinyl reissue but, instead, creating interesting discussions.

Maldoror

Postby Maldoror » Tue May 02, 2017 12:05 am

Welcome to the forum, Horrible Eyes, and great choice of name!

Return to “MALDOROR SPEAKS”